Monday, August 20, 2007

Web Operating Systems: New and Old

It's a Monday and my brain is a bit on the low side of activity so I thought I would just connect my readers to some great things to try in my lack of creativity day!

Web Operating Systems, or WebOS's, are something that are beginning to take hold of online users because you are able to set up a desktop on the Web that is completely yours. Ranging from instant messaging, storage, pictures, games, OpenOffice, productivity tools and online developing tools!

All of these things can be modified to your liking and are actually saved on web servers to allow you have to access to these tools no matter where you are! (as long as you have access to the Internet and an Internet enabled device)

So now you are probably asking, "Where can I try one of these?" and "Which one is best for me?" The answer, check out this site called Frantic Industries

This site includes a nice review of most of the systems. I have blogged one of these before called DesktopTwo and you can find that link here.

There is one WebOS that was just released that is not included in the blog post that is called Jooce that appears to be pretty cool and definately worth a look. You can find it here.

So have a look at the site, try out one of the WebOS's or all of them and let me know what you think! Leave a comment, link up, subscribe, read and enjoy!

Thanks and have a great day!

Blogged with Flock

No comments: