Thursday, October 25, 2007

What I've Learned in 100 Blog Posts

This is my 100th blog post and it's nice to reflect on upon what I've learned through the 100 posts. So I thought I would share some of this reflection I've been experiencing as I read some of my posts.

  1. Blogging looks so easy, but it's not! There is a lot of time, work and effort that goes into creating a solid blog that people actually want to read.
  2. There is no easy way to get your blog on the web and you can't do it by yourself. Find and use services like FeedBurner and Digg to get your blog out there in an efficient manner, easy to use manner.
  3. Explore and research before you write. There is nothing worse than thinking you are ahead of the world of blogging on a topic and you only come to realize that it's old news and what you are saying is bunch of crap!
  4. Provide productive help to fellow bloggers that are asking for feedback.
  5. Feedback is something to cherish but don't let it rule your life.
  6. Subscribers are great!
  7. EVERYONE needs a break now and then!
  8. Try to write everyday, but understand that it is not necessary and should sometimes not happen.
  9. Write about quality material that you feel you can help someone else understand or find interest in.
  10. Find a niche that you can add something to and stick with it!
  11. 100 blog posts is not an easy benchmark to hit. It seems like most blogs fall short of 20 posts.
  12. Just because you can use large words correctly does not mean that everyone can understand them.
  13. Write because you enjoy writing and sharing ideas, not because you feel you have to.
  14. Build relationships with other bloggers through sites like Bloggst, FuelMyBlog and any of the other hundreds of sites for bloggers to share and help spread their blog.
  15. Don't forget that blogging is not your job unless it is!
  16. Have a sense of humor and make it enjoyable for your readers to read what you have to say.
  17. Challenge your readers to step outside the box and explore what you are saying.
  18. Offer something to readers if you happen to have something they want.
  19. Explore new ways to express yourself in your blog. DON'T BECOME GENERIC!
  20. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First I'd like to say that having a light, clear, fun tone is a tremendous boost. And you've sure got that, I just stopped by a quick read but writing style has got me reading more and more post.

I'd also like to add that I might also be coming up on my 100th post, and my assesment was that Having a Blog is Like Having to Feed a Hungry Family Every Day. But congrats on your benchmark, and for having informative content!