Monday, July 16, 2007

Flock Rocks!

So I've been trying to get back into the swing of blogging this week but it has been a miserable attempt on my part I must admit!

I've been doing a lot of research for Web 2.0 and I have come to a revelation about the entire movement: I knew nothing at the start of this whole endeavor!

Considering that Web 2.0 is basically a movement from hardware/software based applications to completely online services and applications, I was completely in the dark. I just knew that I liked where the movement was going and the services that were being offered.

I utilize many of them now and it is becoming almost a hassle to remember passwords and update everything at once so I've been trying to find a tool that will combine all of my accounts into one easy to use, FREE, application and I've found it!

Flock is a Firefox- based web browser that allows me to login to all of my account ranging from Blogger, Flickr, Wordpress, del.ic.ious, YouTube and more and keeps me logged in. It has a great upload feature for pictures on Photobucket or Flickr, a built in blog editor for whatever/all account(s) you use and the feed reader is just awesome! Click and drag and the feed is in your reader!

I must say that I absolutely love this browser/cache of awesomeness tool that is Flock. The only downside is a lack of Add-ons in the Firefox respect. Keep in mind that the add-ons that I use are completely encompassed within Flock!

Please give this one a try and let me know your thoughts!

Personally, I think it's awesome!

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Flock fan.

So far, I've gotten most of the Firefox extensions I use added to Flock (just by installing the Firefox versions like normal). There are a few I use a lot that currently arent' compatible. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Evan Hamilton said...

Thanks for the kind words! We have a lot of exciting releases planned for the coming months, so get ready to really jump into your social life with your browser.

Flock on,

Evan Hamilton
Flock Community Ambassador

evan at flock dot com