Friday, May 11, 2007

Web 2.0 Apps up the Wazoo!

Today is a winning day for me. I managed to finish all of my exams and papers and basically freed myself from the confines of college for three months. Don't worry, in about two months I'll be ready to get back and have the freedom of college in comparison to the confines of home! No harm intended Mom and Dad .

The other win for the day was several Web 2.0 finds that seem to have slipped through the cracks in my radar. I have an organization tool, a resume builder and a photo editor.

Backpack is an online site that helps you to get organized and stay organized. I always try to stay organized with my events, projects, papers, exams and whatever else comes into play but even Google Calendar takes some hits and gets to be tedious. iGoogle is the same way because I have to find widgets that work for what I want them to work with so now I can use BackPack. Increase your productivity with this one! And speaking of productivity, I found the next app at Lifehacker, a site designed for productivity.

Phixr is an online image editor that has some great tools. Just sign up, upload your photo and edit it to your hearts content. Although not as glorious and in depth as Adobe Photoshop or some of the other high end editing packages, this tool goes beyond the basics for free!

And last is Resolio, a quick and easy way for the college grad and/or job seeker to spruce up their online resume. Just upload the resume, pick your design and colors and you will have a very professional looking, unique resume that will hopefully help you stand out in the crowd on Monster.

On a personal note: This blog was originally created to reflect me personally and show some of my passions and thoughts towards society and people as well as help others with technology. More recently, it has switched to the tech aspect and I'm thinking of creating a new blog and designate one blog to completely personal and the other to technology. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Enjoy BackPack, Phixr and Resolio and don't forget to link up, subscribe to this blog and leave your comments!

Have a great day!





Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,



Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great idea cause I dont understand alot of what you are talking about. Mom