Sunday, December 2, 2007

Tech Fixes for 2007: My Complaints are Answered!

For the past year, I've been noticing a negative aspect on some of the more popular tech issues of the year. Depending on the company and the way they have been handling things, it seems as though my personal thoughts run along the same lines as the majority of consumers (duh!) as well as the research and development team for the companies and services in questions.

Today, I thought why not provide a synopsis of some of the better improvements from my past entries:

iPod Touch JailBreak: As the weeks pass with JailBreak on my iPod Touch, I'm becoming more and more impressed with this great hack. I've added tons of new features to my main menu and it seems as though the older application are being updated to accommodate the iPod Touch as well as the iPhone. This is slowly becoming one of my favorite computer applications and it's not even on my PC!

PlayStation 3/Xbox 360: Due to capitalism and a bunch of errors over the past year, both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are creating even better competition throughout. With the price drop by Playstation 3, I'm beginning to swing towards Sony's all in one package rather than Microsoft's buy and add on when you get the money.

Google: The Internet powerhouse is buying more companies and releasing better applications than I could have imagined. I'm digging deeper into the world of Google and finding that the innovation that is coming out of Google is one that will keep redefining the industry again and again. The problem is where is all the money going that this company is making in conjunction with the users that are helping to create the programs we love?

Yahoo: Yahoo is clawing it's way back into the world of the Internet again. The newly innovated search and a complete redo of their original mail that is very Outlook-esque and I love it! Nothing has really caught my eye in this regard and I have found Yahoo Mail to be even easier to use that Gmail. Nice Work Yahoo, now keep it up!

Linux: Not much needs to be said here. Linux is going mainstream and is becoming a non-nerd based operating system. With the addition of Ubuntu that creates an easy to use interface similar to the both Mac's OS X and Microsoft's Windows, Linux is easy on resources and the user as a whole. My suggestion: try Linux everyone!

These are but a few of the upgrades I've seen since originally posting on the companies and products at hand.

In light of the upcoming holiday season, this week is going to be devoted gift giving ideas for the techie in your family. Stay tuned!

Have a great day!

No comments: