Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Social Networking for Everyone!

Social networking seems to be the topic of discussion for almost all of the Web over the past few weeks. Facebook did this, MySpace did that, AIM added this, Yahoo pleased more customers, Google tried to break into all of their balloons of success...blah blah blah!

For those who don't know what social networking on the Web entails, I suggest you read this article by Mark Hendrickson at TechCrunch and possibly read into some of the links he has posted there as well.

For the basic understanding, social networking is basically meeting up with people you know online as well as meeting with people who have similar interests in life. They way to meet these people is the area of interest for users. There are platforms all over the Web that allow users to find other users through common links. Think of the rule "Six degrees of seperation" but on steroids.

The problem for most users is trying to find the right one that lets them do what they want, when they want and how they want. Each site has restrictions and safe guards for the both the company and the users.

Check out my recent post about the variety of networks that you can connect to.

My reason for this post is basically because it seems as though people are forgetting about the original way to link up to people on the Web: through word of mouth and actually links from blogs and sites!

I love my readers. They inspire me to keep writing and looking for new and wonderful things in the world of tech. They keep me on my toes and really make me smile.

I guess this is a call out to everyone that reads my blog: Let me know that you read my blog. Add me to your e-mail or RSS feeds, link up to a post that you like, leave me comments (good or bad, I enjoy feedback)!

Fellow bloggers, let me know if there is something you want me to read on your blog or check out in relation to something I've writtin. I would love to meet some new bloggers and get some fresh ideas!

Let's social network the old way a little bit. I'm trying to my best by having a link to some blogger every day! If you blog, why not give it a try for every blogger out there?

My blog has no restriction on who can leave comments or add me to e-mail or RSS and I don't require membership. Let me know what you think and if you like what I have to say, add me! Spread the word and I will be glad to do the same!

Thanks and have a great day!

Blogged with Flock

No comments: